Thursday, September 26, 2013

Austin Teen Book Fest!!

Hey all,

Can I tell you how excited I am about this weekend? When authors from all over converge on our little Austin, TX for the infamous Austin Teen Book Fest extravaganza! And this time I am lucky enough to be included in their ranks!

I will be on a panel called Into the Hearts of Darkness and as you can see, I will be with some amazing authors!



In addition to my own panel, I may have to hit some others. Especially for the chance to fan girl Rob Thomas, who created the Veronica Mars TV show. As a backer of his kickstarter to make the Veronica Mars movie, I can't wait to listen to him talk about how the filming all went and what we can expect from the Marshmallow gang.

They're expecting 5,000 (!!!) teens to converge on the Austin Convention Center on Saturday where the festival is being held. Crazy sauce, right? And the Austin Statesman even interviewed me for an article about the event.

I'm not sure my picture should be up there with the other true "luminaries" but I'm going to revel in it all the same!
So yeah, I'm just a LITTLE excited!! Hope to see some of you there!!!

MARI

1 comment:

M. K. Clinton said...

Congratulations!! It sounds like a great time. Now the obligatory...
I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect!