Friday, September 13, 2013

Scorched Release Party at Book People (Wrap-Up)

Hey all,

I've been crazy busy lately promoting Scorched's release and I can't believe I haven't even had time to wrap-up DragonCon! Grrr... If you want a sneak peek of my adventures, you can check out my Instagram, which has costume pics, etc.

Last Saturday, as I mentioned here, I had a joint release party with fab YA author and friend PJ Hoover who wrote Solstice, a dystopian/mythology mash-up that I adored. We held the party at Book People in Austin and had an awesome turn-out.

Kendall, from Book People's Teen Press Corp, served as an MC and said really awesome things about Scorched. (Thank you Kendall!) She asked some great questions and then opened it up to the audience. At the very end, we turned the tables on them -- and asked some dragon and mythology trivia, giving out prizes to those who guessed correctly. And we wrapped it up by signing our books.

Here are a few pics from the event!

Dragons and mythology collide!

Littlest dragon!

Rainbow hair girls!
Rawr!

We had cupcakes and punch.

Kendall asks the tough questions!

Our awesome audience!



No comments: